I recently ordered Fresh Rolls at a Thai restaurant and fell in love with them! I never thought such a simple dish could be so delicious. Instead of ordering takeout again, I decided to try to make them at home. I was so pleasantly surprised that these fresh rolls turned out just as delicious as the ones I had at the restaurant and they were so easy and fun to make as well! They have become my favourite snack and i’ve already made them four times in the past month. If you’re interested in making these delicious fresh rolls for yourself, please read on.
For the fresh rolls:
- 2 to 3 carrots, julienned
- 1/2 cucumber, julienned
- 1/2 of a small green or red cabbage, thinly sliced
- 1 cup fresh cilantro (or fresh mint)
- Rice paper wrappers – these can normally be found near the sushi section of your grocery store or where they keep rice noodles
- Any other fresh veggies that you like!
- With all your veggies prepped, you should have something that looks like this:
For the peanut sauce:
- ⅓ cup peanut butter
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons maple syrup or honey
- 1 tablespoon sesame oil
- 2 to 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 to 3 tablespoons water
- To make the fresh rolls – fill a pan with some hot water.
- Make sure your freshly chopped veggies are prepared and within reach.
- Place 1 rice paper in the hot water and submerge for 10-20 seconds until it is pliable. When it’s ready, take it out (carefully!) and place it on a cutting board.
- Follow the below diagram and start rolling (it’s like rolling a burrito).
5. To make the peanut dipping sauce – In a small bowl whisk together the peanut butter, soy sauce, maple syrup, sesame oil, and garlic. Whisk in 2 to 3 tablespoons of water, as needed.
6. Voilà! Your fresh rolls and peanut sauce are ready to eat! I hope you enjoy!
All the best,
Great recipe, the rolls and the peanut sauce looks delicious!